Friday, October 10, 2008

NPR's StoryCorps

I once again have news and tunes on my commute to work. It's a long story but I've been staring at a hole in my dash where the stereo formerly resided for more than a year now. Last weekend, I pulled the factory radio/cassette player out of the closet and reinstalled it. I don't listen to music much anymore but most talk radio in the southeast grates on my nerves as well. There's just so much Rush Limbaugh or his mini-me Sean Hannity that I can tolerate.

I usually listen to NPR. One of my favorite NPR features is StoryCorps which runs each Friday morning. StoryCorps travels around the country recording the stories of everyday Americans and some are really touching. It's refreshing to hear about the loves and hopes of real people in these times of uncertainty. Check it out sometime. I think you'll enjoy it.

No comments: