Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Iron Man 05.02.08

Yes, I admit it.... I'm a geek. I played Dungeons & Dragons, read a lot of fantasy/science fiction, and collected comics when I was younger. Incredible advances in computer technology have made comic book (and fantasy novel) adaptations on the big screen truly believable and they put a huge grin on the face of this 38-year old kid. Watching the characters that I read about come to life in such a realistic manner gives me a rush that I haven't experienced since seeing Superman at the theater in 1978.

While some of these movies have been less than thrilling, others like Spider-Man, Batman Returns, and Ghost Rider have remained faithful to the comics with amazing results. I've got to admit that I feel a certain amount of dread when one goes into production. Memories of The Punisher, Fantastic Four, and The Hulk always raise the cynicism quotient but I'm hoping that Iron Man will be a success.

Directed by Jon Favreau, the Paramount and Marvel Studios comic book adaptation features a star studded cast including Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark), Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Jeff Bridges. Definitely no lack of acting talent and the trailers thus far look amazing and seem to faithfully follow the progression of the armor.

Check out the official site at http://www.ironmanmovie.com/ and don't miss the new international teaser trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYZ3954lqag. Iron Man hits the theater May 02, 2008.

No comments: