Sunday, September 21, 2008

Four Months without the Boob Tube

It's been four months now since I notified DirecTV that I no longer required their services. Do I miss it? Not really but I hardly ever watched television anyhow. In the last few decades, there have been a few series that I followed for a season or two (The X-Files, Battlestar Galactica, The Shield) but eventually my schedule or that of the series changed. Television was mostly background noise in our household.

Cassie does miss the morning news. Robin Meade was her friend. Now, she just drives me insane listening to Fox News on the net. Unfortunately, they're the only source that she has found that streams the news each morning. Can anyone suggest an alternative that is a little less "fair and balanced?"

I'll probably bite the bullet when/if my financial stress is relieved and have DirecTV bring in some new HD equipment for a multi-room installation. Maybe. Anyone else kicked the television habit or thinking about it for financial or intellectual reasons?

No comments: