Saturday, September 06, 2008

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

It may have been panned by the critics and I think it was Sean Connery's last hurrah for acting but I enjoyed the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I liked the title so much that I'm passing it along to our recently reacquainted posse of high school friends. Last week, I was searching the net for a friend's email address but failed. However, I stumbled across another school pal, Richard, working at a car dealership in Huntsville, AL!

An email to Richard and a great reply the next day set the gears in my head in motion... yeah, they could stand some oil but I digress. I fired off an email to another friend, Shannon, cc'ing in Richard and my brother Tony and requesting that he add his brother, Keith, to the list. I have kept in touch with Shannon. Well, we've semi-kept in touch. I actually haven't set eyes on the man since probably 1988 but we exchange email and share photos. Shannon is a sys admin down at Auburn University in Auburn, AL. Really interesting guy.

We are now catching up on a few decades worth of information and I'm really enjoying it. I grew up with these guys. They say that the friends you make while growing up are the ones you never forget. It's true. I hung out with these guys, lifted weights, rode bikes, played sports and D&D. They stood beside me when I married Cassie. I'll never forget these guys, a true League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

No comments: