Sunday, January 16, 2011

Certification Fun

Professional certifications have been on my dream list since graduating in 2008 but cash has not been plentiful. Unfortunately, the lack of certs was a deterrent to gainful employment. Luckily, I found someone that saw my potential and hired me anyway with the stipulation that I had six months to pass the required exams. I passed the CompTIA Network+ last month which gives me a lifetime cert in that area and now I'm studying furiously for the Microsoft 70-620 exam.

I thought I would have another month to study for an exam of my choice but my employer decided otherwise so everyone is taking this Vista test this week! Myself and four of my co-workers got the honors of going first so Tuesday morning at 8:30 it is. I've been studying online and failed my first practice exam by four points after going through half the material. Gotta keep studying! One more day. Definitely not the best way to spend a three day holiday weekend.

No comments: