Sunday, October 28, 2007

Scrat the Squirrel

Since it's been a few years since my daughter was a candidate for kid's movies and my wife usually enjoyed that bonding experience anyway, I wasn't exposed to the wonderful entertainment of the first Ice Age movie until the sequel hit the theaters. Per usual, the original was common fare on the tube with the sequel hitting the big screen. Vegging out on the couch one Saturday afternoon, I was wonderfully entertained by the actions of one prehistoric sabertooth squirrel!

Obviously, I'm not the only one. Some perusing around the internet provided many reviews of Ice Age: The Meltdown as mediocre except for the performance of said squirrel. I don't remember any reference to his name in either movie but apparently the ferocious rodent is named Scrat. I'm sure that I could have easily found that information by watching the credits and would have even found out that the sqeaks were courtesy of one Chris Wedge. The squirrel is great entertainment as he chases after an acorn through both flicks. Sounds simple, doesn't it? It's wonderful stuff! Just a squirrel working hard to get a nut! Rent both movies and check out the little guy! I'm an offical Scrat fan now and I even whipped up a custom Windows wallpaper in his honor. If you've got a widescreen laptop with the screen resolution of 1280x800 then download it here! http://myweb.pclnet.net/~iluvspam/images/ice_age_03_1280_800.jpg

No comments: