Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Incredible Hulk is Back!

Sandi and I ventured to the theater to see Iron Man while I was down in Tampa over Memorial Day weekend. She was leaning toward Indiana Jones but I talked her into seeing it instead. They updated the comic perfectly and Robert Downey Jr was THE choice for Tony Stark. The effects were amazing and there was a lot of humor which Downey excels at. Even Sandi said that it was much better than she expected. I think that was a high compliment from a non-comic book fan that has patiently endured my love for the genre for years. I even got her to sit with me through the credits to check out Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury. Need to start working on the sainthood paperwork for her! After all, she did stand in line for hours in the heat whilst pregnant to purchase us tickets for Batman in 1989. What a woman!

This weekend marks the opening of The Incredible Hulk, Marvel Comic's second production since going into the movie business for themselves. The big green guy has always been a favorite of mine and Ang Lee's 2003 version just didn't cut it. The trailers look absolutely incredible and I hope that the film is a smash hit. I was concerned that the production stills looked really fake but seeing the Hulk in action in the trailer looks very believable under most conditions... as believable as a 9" tall, 1 ton bundle of muscle can be. The reviews have been mixed but I don't care what they say anyhow. I'll skip the opening weekend rush but hopefully will venture to the theater with the little lady once again here in a few weeks to check it out!

No comments: