Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back to being a Webmaster

Well, I guess I'm back in the internet business. Please don't tell the IRS. I'm not sure if I've lost my mind or not but economics dictate that I bring in some additional income so I've hung out my shingle once again.

My problem with website construction has always been maintenance. I prefer to build 'em and forget 'em. My inspiration to return to the profession was a site built on Wordpress that really looked nothing like a blog and provided an intuitive interface for the customer to update their own site! Really cool stuff. A little research and some talk with my friend Mark Walter and the idea to build cheap websites based on the software evolved.

A quick post on YB generated some interest and Jeff Chandler volunteered to be my first customer in this arena. I took a commonly available theme and modified it to suit Jeff's needs and CRC2.net was born. It only took Jeff a few days to be updating like a pro!

I also attracted quite a few customers wanting updates on their current sites. I'm winding down updates on Uratchko Racing Engines and will soon begin updating several others. Some customers are simply wanting custom banners for their bulletin boards. No problem there.

No comments: