Sunday, November 22, 2009

On Call Until Thanksgiving

Knology's purchase of PCL Cable in Athens, AL was officially completed around noon last Monday and the office has been full of new faces ever since. The changes being instituted will be improvements in many ways but some of our customers are afraid of the "big boys" from out of town. They have experienced the competition in the area so their fears aren't completely unfounded. We've attempted to convince them that Knology is a different breed and most walk away satisfied.

Unfortunately, until our system is assimilated and their call center in Augusta, GA can take over, Marrazzo and I will be splitting on-call status. I'm carrying the burden until Thanksgiving and it has been a busy day. The Lead Tech's job is now open but our field techs will be very busy until the job is filled. I think we're going to need some assistance from the Huntsville office to fill the void.

Meanwhile, the anxiousness about the future of our jobs continues. I'm still not convinced that there will be a need for very many of our current staff when the Athens office becomes a hubsite. I'm still on the search for a new job. I've had a few interviews with one looking somewhat hopeful but no call back yet, a handful of rejections, and one letter thanking me for contributing my resume to their contract bid. Ain't that dandy!?!

No comments: