Sunday, November 08, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

The morning sun is streaming through an eastern facing window, one of only two that catch any sun in the winter. It makes for a chilly home during the cooler months but it's a little hard to turn the house now. It's amazing how much sunlight will bounce off an opposing wall to obscure my view of the laptop and give me a perfect reflection of my visage complete with second chin that I desperately need to lose.

The Beatles "Here Comes the Sun" is streaming across the network and the world is a beautiful place. The weather prognosticator put the high for today at 77 degrees. Rather nice for November 8th. The wife and I quietly celebrated our 21st anniversary on Thursday with take-out Chinese and a cake from Costco Publix. Unfortunately, there was no Guy Fawkes Day antics. "Remember, remember the fifth of November" will forever be etched in my brain since watching "V for Vendetta" and is a cool reminder of my anniversary. I really need one of those masks!

Apparently, the reporter from the Athens New Courier isn't familiar with Google judging from this article. I wish the world could use Google. I'm sure that it would lessen tech questions aimed my way. Anyhow, an older lady carrying a pen and notepad strolled across the parking lot from the Courier late Friday afternoon. Marrazzo and I were standing on the front stoop contemplating life and the implications of the buyout which was announced by Knology on Friday morning and was quickly being posted on every financial website in cyberspace. The reporter drilled pretty hard even commenting that she would be fired if she returned without a story. I asked her if she had checked Knology's website but, apparently, that was no help for her. If you're wondering, I'm the unidentified source that knew nothing in the article.

Enough rambling. More to follow. It looks like a rambling day.

No comments: