Monday, August 30, 2010

Back In The Gym: Week Three

I missed my workout last Friday and I was afraid that today was going to be a bust as well. I didn't sleep well last night and was dead tired all morning. A quick midday nap and a Diet Mountain Dew provided the needed motivation enabling me to ramp up the cardio to 30 minutes on the Precor elliptical burning up right under 300 calories and 2.5 miles.

Although muscle soreness isn't supposed to be an indicator of progress, I've alway seemed to suffer greatly in that area and the feedback is useful. My last circuit workout, although challenging, didn't leave me sore so I decided to change it up a bit. Today, I knocked out three sets of rows and three sets of lat pulldowns with reps in the 6-10 range. I then moved on to the incline press but only managed two sets before complete failure.

My capacity for work is rather low as I'm sure the cardio is burning up some energy and I haven't even really cut the calories yet. I'm going to attempt to hit the gym five days this week on a two day split on the stength training with cardio every day. At least that's the plan at the moment. We'll see how it feels.

No comments: