Sunday, September 20, 2009

Limbaugh: We need segregated buses

Has Rush Limbaugh completely lost his freaking mind? I would blame it on Oxycontin but he made completely idiotic statements long before his prescription drug abuse. In case you haven't heard, here's the pertinent part of the transcript of the Wednesday, September 23rd edition.

LIMBAUGH: I think the guy's wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that's the lesson we're being taught here today. Kid shouldn't have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses -- it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama's America.
I rode the school bus in a part of town where whites were in the minority for a total of nine years ending in 1987. There was always a pecking order and fights happened. Sure, some were even racially motivated and there was a WHITE man in the White House. There is nothing new about fighting on a school bus, the school grounds, or the empty lot down the street. I've been there and got my tail handed to me by white guys and black guys.

Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, and the rest are just entertainers and that includes the nuts on the other side of the spectrum as well. If they really cared about the general populace then they would be on the hill working to improve this country, not sitting in their golden palaces pulling in millions by inciting rage in the far right 10% and generally misinforming the rest of their listeners.

No comments: