Saturday, September 12, 2009

P90X - Day 1

I was afraid this program would do very bad things to me... and my fears were realized. Last night, for the first time in three years, I worked out! I considered that an accomplishment in itself so overall I'm still very pleased but my performance was pathetic. I think a person would have to be in absolute miserable condition not to pass the included Fit Test but the program is abusive! Horton cautioned me to pace myself because there were a total of 24 sets but I was done in 12 and couldn't drink my protein powder/Gatorade recovery drink mix for more than an hour. I honestly thought I was going to puke.

I'm pretty sore today and the connective tissue in my elbows took some abuse. Nothing I haven't experienced before. I tend to get very sore. Danny, my former workout partner never did. Lucky dawg. The Door Gym pull up bar works wonderfully and I think the P90X program definitely has it's place although I think you would have to be a genetic freak to put on mass using the program. I suspect that most of the guys that apparently did put on some mass in the infomercial had a substantial base already and muscle memory is a great thing. I'm certainly not looking to put on any mass. I just want to drop some fat and regain some conditioning that has gone for a LONG time. 89 days to go!

No comments: