Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

We may not watch television any more in the Ray household but we do enjoy our movies. NetFlix provides the DVD's and I usually burn a copy and watch them when it's convenient. For PC owners, DVD Shrink and ImgBurn are the ticket if you have similar ambitions.

Entertainment this weekend consisted of Lucky Number Slevin which came highly recommended by one of my cohorts at PCL Cable but not highly regarded by the critics. My wife and I enjoyed it. It's a shoot 'em up thriller with a twist featuring a star studded cast including Josh Harnett, Bruce Willis, and Morgan Freeman.

Everything is Illuminated
was an interesting experience. Elijah Wood portrays a young Jewish man who journeys to the Ukraine to find the woman that saved his grandfather from the Nazi's. The movie strays back and forth from comedy to drama and leaves you thinking.

Both get two thumbs up! I hope that Ebert never finds out.

No comments: