Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bodyweight Exercise Program

Zen Habits is one of the blogs that I frequent regularly. Leo has some great information to help with every aspect of a healthy life and it's made his site rather popular. His recent article Minimalist Fitness: How to Get In Lean Shape With Little or No Equipment and the responses that follow provided plenty of ideas for body weight exercises but even more questions about actual programs.

A poster on the JP Fitness Forums sent me to Simplefit.org. Ah, very simple circuit training three days per week. Just what the doctor ordered! Small but interesting community but I'll probably be logging my progress there as well as here. I just need to order a Door Gym by Creative Fitness or something similar so I can do pull-ups at home. I've wanted one for a long time anyhow.

I've got to dig out the stop watch and the jump rope. Although I've never been able to jump rope very well, I'm going to try to get both feet simultaneously off the ground and over the rope on the days that I'm not doing the simplefit program. Now I need to decide at what level to begin? Hmmmm. I would really like a nice hybrid bike for some cardio work! If I lived in the Florida Keys then the one I'm riding in the accompanying photo would work great.

No comments: