Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Hobby of Mine

Another month has slipped by without a post on this blog. Finishing up the last half of the summer semester at Athens State University was a major chore but it's behind me now and I scored an A in one of the last classes required for my bachelors in Computer Information Systems. Can't beat that. Two more classes to go. Woohoo.

Now on to one of my hobbies. I started shooting cars in the mid 90's when it became painfully obvious that I couldn't afford to race them. Shooting at our local track, Huntsville Dragway, led to the development of my website HeadsUpReview.com and a part-time career blossomed from there. Unfortunately, the hobby became more like work with magazine deadlines and the demands for quicker and more indepth information on the internet. To make a long story short, I "retired" after the 2002 racing season but made a "comeback" in 2006 before bowing out again last year due to the pressures of family, work, and the pursuit of my bachelors degree.

Strobist.com and the forums at fredmiranda.com have reinvigorated my interest in photography. With a few weeks left before my last semester at ASU begins, I've got my lens pointed at material that I've been wanting to explore for years. Yesterday, I drove to our home town of Fayetteville, TN and roamed the square with my camera in hand capturing a few shots that I consider keepers. You can check them at out at My Flickr page. You'll also find a variety of drag racing photos from the NSCA's 2006 and 2007 season. I've got some great history on film just waiting for a film scanner! Comment on the photos if you like. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...let's see some pics of those beautiful children of yours. My sources tell me you have 3 girls and the cutest little boy ever.

Your Number One Fan