Sunday, August 24, 2008

Obama Chooses Biden

No, I didn't get the 3am text message. I guess I'm just a few years out of the "young and hip" demographic that texts constantly and speaks primarily in the GR8 online lingo. However, I do receive email updates from the campaign mostly requesting donations. I caught the info yesterday morning on cnn.com and then preceded to absorb the various articles about Biden posted at time.com and foxnews.com. Interesting choice for VP.

Do I believe that Biden is the best fit for the Obama administration? Perhaps not but he is the right choice to get Obama into the White House. He will help get votes from the older, blue-collar Americans that would have probably voted for McCain even if they were staunch Democrats. The prospect of a black man (or any minority for that matter) running for President has bothered me for a while for that simple reason. How many white, blue-collar Americans wouldn't vote for a minority simply because of that fact?

This country has come along way in the fight against racism but it does still exist.

No comments: